WELCOME TO MGM LIBRARY !
Mahatma Gandhi Mission Medical & Hospital, Mumbai
The trust of Mahatma Gandhi Mission popularly known as MGM, was established on 20 December 1982. After a gap of four years (1986), MGM Medical College came into being. Thus, the library of MGM’s Medical College came into existence 24 years back when Medical College was established. Its main objective was to meet the information needs of faculty, students and research workers who were involved in studies and research in various branches of health and allied sciences. It grew parallel to the development of the MGM’s Medical College. It was accommodated, originally, in a small room located on 1st floor of Preventive and Social Medicine Block.
It has shifted to a separate specified area in 2003 in same floor with a carpet area of 1000 square metres. It has moved again from 1st floor to 2nd floor in November 2008 to a larger plinth area (1870 sq. m.) with a view to accommodate its ever growing collection as well as to provide health literature, library and information services to their patrons using modern information technology. It has now five Reading Rooms where more than 500 users can sit at time and consult their reading materials. In addition, it has seating arrangements in Reference and New Arrivals sections separately for more than hundred users who come from high echelons, such as; faculty, teaching staff, health administrators and planners etc.