LIBRARY RULES AND REGULATIONS
All publications be charged at eh counter and shown to Janitor before taking them out of library. Copies of periodical issues, reference and multi-volume books, recent arrival, annual reports, thesis, CDs, DVDs and out of print books are not loaned out for home readings. These are exclusively meant for consultation. Remaining publications are issued for a period of one week or as specified on date slip. The copies of such publications are issued strictly on Barrower’s Card only. Librarian may recall books at any time and borrower must return books immediately when called upon to do so. Books will be given on loan for a period of one week on Borrower Card. Books may be borrowed from 8.30 a.m. – 6.00 p.m. from Monday-Saturday. However, Reading Halls will remain open for library users from 8.30 a.m. – 11.00 p.m. from Monday – Saturday and on Sunday & Holidays form 10.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.
A borrower is responsible for a book as long as his Borrower Card remain un-cancelled. Books borrowed by one reader must be returned to the library to be reissued at the Circulation counter.
Borrower Cards are not transferable. Loss of a Borrower Card be reported to the Information Desk immediately. Duplicate be issued only after verification of loss and on a payment of Rs. 50/- for a lost Card.
Borrower Cards be renewed during the period indicated by library. A notice to this effect be displayed at the Library Notice Board.
Issue of books is stopped half-an-hour before the closing time.
Sending reminders to defaulters is not obligatory on the part of library. If books are not returned in due time, the borrower’s card is to be marked with “X”. After three such marks the library membership is to be cancelled and the concerned user as well as Head of the Department be intimated accordingly. A fine of Rs. 5.00 per day for the first two weeks and Rs. 10.00 per day thereafter be imposed in respect of each book not returned by due date.
Reference and latest publications added to the library are not issued. However, as a special case, these can be issued with the prior permission of Librarian on Identity Card.
Bound volumes of periodicals are not issued. Loose issue of periodicals may be issued with prior permission of Librarian for overnight as a special case. However, if borrowed copy of a periodical issue is lost, the cost of whole volume with fine (Rs. 500.00) be charged from the borrower.
Copies of thesis are not issued. These are meant for consultation only.
Damage to and Loss of Library Books
It is strictly prohibited to mark, detach or damage books or any other material which belongs to library. Any marks or damages to books should be reported by the students before those are issued form Information Desk. In the absence of such report, the book will be presumed to be in good condition when loaned and the borrower will be held responsible and fined for any damages observed at the time books are returned.
The borrower will be liable to pay full cost or replacement cost of the book if damaged, and any other fee that Librarian thinks fit.
General Rules on the Use of Library
- SILENCE should be observed in public reading areas.
- Seats in the library may not be reserved by anyone.
- Readers are not allowed to do joint work in Reading Halls.
- Readers are allowed to remove any book they require form shelves for use within the library.
- Readers should not replace any book on shelves. They should hand over them to a member of library staff or leave them on Reading Table.
- In case, any book is not accessible on shelf, the Library Staff at Reference Desk should be consulted.
- No bags, cases, parcels or umbrellas should be brought into the library premises.
- Bottles of ink or inkwells should not be brought in the library premises.
- Readers should not enter in the Library Book Racks are wearing apron.
- Smoking, consumption of food and drinks and use of matches or open lighters are forbidden in all part of the library open to readers.
- No readers may enter any part of the library to which entry is forbidden.
- The library will not accept any correspondence or telephone calls on behalf of readers.
Special Attention for the following Library Rules
Readers are not allowed to bring their textbooks into the library.
- MOBILE PHONES should not be brought into the library.
- Any member of the library staff may demand to see what books you are carrying out of the library. Rules of the library make it obligatory that reader should comply.
- Visitors to library are required to obtain permission from the Library Staff available at Information Desk before entering in Library Stacks, Reference and Recent Arrival sections.
- Readers must produce their Identity Card as well as Borrower Card while borrowing the books or any other time when called upon to do so.
- Any disorderly or improper conduct or breach of regulations will render the reader or borrower concerned liable to suspension from the use of library facilities.
All outgoing publications have to be shown to Janitor. The Janitor has been empowered to search all persons coming out of the library. Unauthorized removal of anything belonging to library will be treated as theft and dealt accordingly. Library users are expected to conduct themselves in a dignified while using the library. Any unbecoming behaviour will not be permitted. Bags are not permitted to be taken inside the Library. Bags and belongings, kept in Pigeon-hole made available at the entrance gate, will be at their own risk. Library Staff should not be held responsible for any losses.